There are many ways you can install TurboTax on your PC. The easiest and common way is to use the CD that comes with the purchase. This is safe and easy because it does not require you to download any file from the internet thereby limiting the chances of downloading viruses by accident. But what happens when you try to install TurboTax without CD drive on Windows 10? Is it more difficult and risky? No, it isn’t, but there is a high possibility that you will end up downloading from the wrong website and risk your computer to threats. But if you follow this blog, you will be given a step by step explanation of the process so that you carry it out correctly. You can also enquire it from the executives at TurboTax customer care.
Before you move on ahead with the steps, you must first know how to install the software with CD drive included. That way you will be aware of the differences and similarities between these two methods and the process of installation. So, given below are the steps that you are required to carry out to install TurboTax with a CD Drive:
- The first thing you must do is to shut down any running apps or programs. And disable any firewall and antivirus protection that you have installed.
- Now, locate the downloaded TurboTax file on your computer or insert the CD into the drive and launch the software.
- You will notice that the installation process starts automatically. If not then go to the Drive D window and double click on the setup.exe file.
- After that step, click ‘ok’ to initiate the installer and follow the steps accordingly.
Steps on How to Install TurboTax Without CD Drive on Windows 10
- Like before, you must close down all apps and programs on your computer and turn of the firewall and antivirus protection software.
- Then, go to the official TurboTax website and click on the download link that has been provided. If prompted, choose the appropriate OS, which in this case would be Windows 10.
- After that, the file needs to be saved in a safe location which would be easy to find or locate.
- After that, run the downloaded file on your computer and follow the steps on the screen to finish the installation.
By following the above steps accordingly, you will be able to successfully install TurboTax without a CD drive on Windows 10. If you require any additional help or assistance, you can contact TurboTax support number to get professional help from experts.
Also Read: How to Resolve TurboTax Error Code 65535