Are you a BellSouth email user and your email is not working properly? Read this blog to learn the steps to fix it.
BellSouth Email is a well-featured email service provider with a great User-Interface. It is popular among people all across the world because of its technological enhancements. However, due to some technical glitches, the users may face problems while accessing the email. So, if you are going with the same problem, follow this blog to know Why your BellSouth Email is not working and how to resolve it?
“Don’t know how to tackle the technical issues to fix the BellSouth email not working and need instant help? Ring us our TFN which are available 24/7, and learn the best solution possible.”
Reasons that are Promoting BellSouth Email Not Working Problem
You may encounter a BellSouth email not working problem because of various reasons that are explained in the below-given list:
- The AT&T email server is not responding properly.
- You may have provided an incorrect email account or password.
- There are some configuration issues between the BellSouth email account and the third-party email client.
- The antivirus in your system creates issues for the BellSouth email.
- Insufficient space in your device.
- Incompatibility between the browser and the BellSouth email account.
Essentials to Take Care of if your BellSouth Email is Not Working
Before we begin with the troubleshooting steps, let’s keep in mind a few important points:
- Your system must be updated with the latest version.
- In case you are accessing your email from the BellSouth email app, then update it to its latest version as well.
- Your Internet speed should be great and stable.
- Make sure that your device has enough space to set up the email and receive new emails.
- Your device should not have any viruses.
- Review your browser, and check if it has updated properly. Moreover, clear all the cache and cookies present in your browser’s history.
Methods to Resolve BellSouth Email Not Working Problem
Below we have mentioned the best methods you can follow When your BellSouth email is not working properly.
Solution 1: Look for the BellSouth Email Server Status
At times, the user might encounter a BellSouth email not working due to the issue from the BellSouth email server. Although this is not a regular problem faced by BellSouth users, whenever this happens, it creates confusion for the users, and they end up thinking that the problem is from their end.
So whenever your BellSouth email faces issues, check its server conditions first. To do so, you can go to Google and Search if the BellSouth email is down or verify the same using the Down detector website.
If the problem is in the server, then wait for a few hours to get it fixed.
Solution 2: Review your Browser
If the problem is not in the server, then you have to check your Browser’s compatibility with the email service provider. However, if you find a problem in the Browser, it is always advised to change the web browser and choose the compatible one.
Apart from that, if there is Cache & Cookies present in your Browsing history, then clean it out. To do so, Open your Bowser, then go to the settings options.
- Open Chrome on your device.
- Thereafter, Click on the More button.
- Now, Select a time range to delete data; you can choose the All time option as well.
- Next, Select the box near Cookies and Other side data and Cached image & files options.
- Then Click on Clear Data.
Solution 3: Modify Your Password
Sometimes, BellSouth email stops working on different email clients. If you are also sucked into such scenarios, then the first thing you need to do is change your BellSouth email reset password. Thereafter you can think of creating a secure mail key if the problem is still not fixed properly.
To change your BellSouth email password, go to the BellSouth email website and then follow the given steps:
- Click on Sign-in-Info available on the profile page of your email.
- Thereafter, select the email account to which you want to make a mail key.
- Next, navigate to the Secure mail Key option and choose Manage Secure Mail Key.
- Now, Select the Add Secure Mail Key option.
- Enter the security key name to identify it.
- Next, Select Create Secure mail Key, click on Copy option, and then Ok.
- Now go to Outlook and change your password with the mail key.
Solution 4: Turn Off Security Software
At times, the user might face issues in using their BellSouth email due to the presence of Antiviruses. We all know how important these antiviruses are for our system, but sometimes, they create a hindrance for you making it tough to access email. Thus to stop this interruption, you can simply turn off the security software for some time. Now, check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 5: Reconfigure your Account
One of the major reasons behind the BellSouth email not working is the incorrect account configuration; thus, it is advised to reconfigure it. To configure your BellSouth email with the email clients like Outlook, you can read the given instructions.
- Open Outlook and then go to the File option.
- Select Add Account.
- After that, Select Manual Setup or Additional Server types and then click Next.
- Next, you will reach a page where you have to enter the display name and your email ID.
- Enter POP3 server information
- incoming server: inbound.att.net.
- outgoing server: outbound.att.net
- Then provide your login information and click on More Settings.
- Thereafter go to the Advanced tab and enter the incoming server port number: 995
- outgoing server port number: 465
- Provide IMAP server information:
- incoming server: imap.att.net
- outgoing server: smtp.mail.att.net
- incoming port number: 993
- outgoing server port number: 465 or 587.
- Now, click on the Test Account Settings to check if the configuration is appropriate.
You can use any of the recommended methods to fix the BellSouth email not working problem. However, if you get stuck in the mid-process and you need expert advice, then you can email us your Queries at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the live chat option to get the best assistance.