The QuickBooks error H202 happens when you try to access the company files which are located on another computer. Or this error also appears when the QuickBooks software on your computer finds it unable to communicate with the server. If you are irritated with the error and don’t know how to fix it then you must try to perform some troubleshooting or get in touch with QuickBooks customer support where the team of technical experts will rectify the error in the stipulated time frame.
Why QuickBooks Error H202 occurs –
- Incorrect hosting configuration settings of the QuickBooks
- When QB Firewall setting blocking access to company files
- Damaged or wrong .ND files
- QuickBooks database server manager
- When the settings of DNS are incorrect
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error H202 –
Fix 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download and run the QuickBooks file doctor on the server. It will automatically clear the H202 series and multi-user error.
Fix 2: Verify hosting
- On each hosting computer open QuickBooks and go to File > utilities
- See host multi-user access on the list
- Select the stop hosting multi-user access
Fix 3: Create a new folder for your company file as follow –
- On the hosting computer, create a new folder, share it and setup folder and Windows access permission to share company files
- Copy the QBW file to the new folder
- Open your company file in multi-user mode again
Fix 4: Restart QuickBooks Database server manager –
- Launch windows run dialogue box and type services.MSC, click ok
- Right-click and select start, then close the window
- Display extensions for known file types
- Go to tools > folder options
- Click the Windows start button and clear hide extensions for the known file type box
- Click on the view tab again and then select show hidden files and folder, click yes on the warning followed by ok
Also Read: How to Make Partial Payments in QuickBooks?
If at any time you get confused or the error seems to persist then you must get in touch with the experienced technicians to rectify the QuickBooks H202 Error. The H series errors are quite interlinked but can be fixed by troubleshooting.