Apr 04, 2023
In the past few years, Mozilla Thunderbird users have experienced numerous issues with Thunderbird, one of which is Mozilla Thunderbird not Responding. Although Thunderbird is a reliable platform with numerous friendly features, when the users started encountering this error, many of them stop using Thunderbird. However, there are millions of loyal Mozilla customers who searched for the reasons behind Mozilla Thunderbird keep not responding and how to resolve it.
If you are one such user of Thunderbird, you can simply check this blog to find your answer.
What are the Different Problems Faced by Mozilla Thunderbird Users?
Firstly, you have to learn about various issues faced by Thunderbird users; a few of the most common problems are discussed in this section:
- Mozilla Thunderbird Not Starting Error: This mainly happens due to the presence of an Antivirus in your device.
- Mozilla Thunderbird Encountering issues while sending or receiving emails: If your email is not configured in a proper way, you can face issues while sending or receiving emails in Thunderbird.
- Thunderbird Freezes or Works Slowly: The platform starts responding slowly to your command due to the presence of malware in your system or you might be using an outdated version.
- Mozilla Thunderbird Stops Downloading Attachments: The third-party add-ons can create hindrances for Thunderbird while downloading any attachments.
Why is Mozilla Thunderbird Not Responding?
Before moving ahead with the solutions to fix the error, we first have to understand the reasons that are provoking such an error so that you can choose a troubleshoot accordingly.
- The presence of an Antivirus in the system can affect the Thunderbird from starting.
- Your device might have enabled some problematic settings.
- Damaged or corrupted MSF Files.
- The presence of various programs or services can also create hindrances for the users while accessing them.
- In case you have McAfee Internet Security installed in your system.
- You might be using an outdated version of Mozilla Thunderbird.
Presence of some potential virus or bug.
- Thunderbird might think that your profile is in use somewhere else.
- Temporary files are available in large amounts.
- Some other interesting process is running in the background, which is stopping Thunderbird from starting.
Fact-check Before Moving with the Solution
Now, let us tell you a few points that you must take care of before running for the troubleshooting steps:
- You must provide a stable and strong Network Connection.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of Thunderbird.
Verify your Account Configuration details.
How to fix Mozilla Thunderbird Not Responding?
Finally, we can move to the steps to fix Thunderbird not responding or freezing problems in your system.
1st Step: Turn Off the Windows Searches
With the help of the Windows Search feature, a user can easily find the things they are looking for. It increases the search speed of the users, but it slows down the system speed.
- Launch Thunderbird in the system by double-clicking on its icon.
- Thereafter choose the Advanced section and check the options.
- Now, go to the Advanced tab, then stay in the General sub-tab and verify you have selected Allow Windows Search to search messages button in the System Integration.
- Next, unmark the box near it, and hit ok to accept all the modifications.
- Open Mozilla and check if the error message is still there.
2nd Step: Disable the Antivirus Present in your Device.
Antivirus is very important for the protection of any device, but sometimes, it also creates conflicts for other Programs in your system.
- Select the Window button and enter the virus in the search bar.
- Now click on Virus & Threat protection.
- Moving ahead, tap on Manage Settings, and turn off its switch to disable the Antivirus.
- Now, verify again if the problem is still persistent.
3rd Step: Launch Thunderbird in Safe Mode
If Thunderbird is not Responding on your Windows device, then try to access it in Safe Mode.
- In the beginning, open Settings using the Windows+l key.
- Now click on Update & Security button.
- Select the Recovery tab from the list of options.
- Thereon, check the Advanced startup tab to tap on Restart Now.
- After your PC is restarted, select the Troubleshoot menu, followed by choosing Advanced options.
- Here, click on the Startup Settings, and hit the Restart button.
- At last, press 5 or F5 key to turn on the Safe Mode with Networking.
4th Step: Use Clean Boot in Windows to find the Cause.
With the help of the clean boot action, users can start Windows using the minimum set of drivers and startup programs. It helps the users in verifying if any background app is creating a hindrance with the Thunderbird program.
- Press the Windows + R key to open the Run box.
- Thereafter in the search box, enter ‘msconfig,’ then hit the Boot tab.
- Un-tick the Safe Boot button
- Moving ahead, hit the Selective Startup.
- Now, select the Load startup items checkbox and delete all the items.
- Go to Hide all Microsoft Services and hit the Disable All menu.
- Thereon, launch the Task Manager & turn off all the startup items.
- End the process by turning on all the startup items one by one.
- Now reboot your system, and you are done.
5th Step: Delete all the Third-party Antivirus
If the above methods are not useful for you, try to fix the error by uninstalling the Third-party Antiviruses.
- Firstly, press the Windows+l key together.
- Thereon, click on the Apps option.
- Tap on your Antivirus software.
- Now, hit the uninstall button, and follow the on-screen prompt to complete the process.
At this point, we hope that you find the Solution to the Mozilla Thunderbird Not Responding problem. In case you need any additional help, dial our Toll-Free Number, or use the Help box given below to consult an expert.