In the world, where many users prefer Chrome as their preferred choice, Microsoft Edge is a step ahead with a variety of features like inking tool, Virtual assistant, private browsing, high-speed webpage loading, uncluttered user interface and many more, but there are some complications also involved in it too which often irritates the users and one such snag is of Microsoft Edge not working.
With the update in Windows 10, it is quite a common scenario with the users that their Microsoft Edge browser has stopped working. If this issue seems familiar to you then it’s time to do the troubleshooting to fix it as soon as possible. The under given steps will prove helpful to you.
Some Causes of the Microsoft Edge not Working:
- Unstable internet connection
- Presence of virus or other threats
- Cortana not responding
- Any other system file causing interference
Steps to Fix the Issue:
Step 1: Cleaning boot the system
- Press R and the Windows logo key on the keyboard and type msconfig
- Click on the services tab and check the hide all Microsoft services box. Tap on the disable button
- Go to the tab for startup and click on open task manager
- Select each item in the task manager and disable it
- Restart the device
Step 2: Reinstall the browser
- Press the Windows key and S at the same time and tap Powershell. Right-click and select the option Run as admin
- Click yes to the prompt asking for the app to make changes
- Enter a command and wait for its completion and try to run Edge again
Step 3: Set up group policy editor
- Type group policy after pressing windows key and S. click edit group policy
- Go to computer configuration > Admin templates > Windows components on the left side of the pane
- Click on Add package deployment under the components category
- Allow the deployment and click on enabled
If these steps also don’t work according to you and your browser does not start to work, then you must connect with Microsoft Edge support number that can be dialed during all hours of the day. The technical support executives will help you in doing appropriate troubleshooting to get the issue fixed.