Mar 22, 2023
Webroot is one of the most reliable security provider software. It is preferred by many users across the globe. But still, users face some troubles while using it, due to which they want to get rid of this software. But at times, even after many attempts, they often fail to uninstall this Program; and if it gets uninstalled, some residues do not get removed.
If this is the same case with you and you also want to uninstall Webroot antivirus, then you will get the solutions in this blog.
Webroot SecureAnywhere software safeguards your computer by blocking and removing kinds of network threats. You can access this software only after entering the key code. But if you want to remove it from your device, then try doing the following. Before starting, you must shut down the active software.
Causes Due to Which Webroot SecureAnywhere Users are Unistalling it
Below we have mentioned the main reasons why people uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus:
- The Antivirus program is not compatible with the user’s device.
The Program hangs really often.
- Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus is not as per users’ expectations.
- It might seem like Malicious software to the users.
- The user might be planning to reinstall the software after uninstalling it.
- Webroot SecureAnywhere is not mentioned in the Windows setting or Control Panel.
Issues that Can Occur While Uninstalling the Webroot Antivirus
Let’s now look at a few issues you face while completely uninstalling Webroot SecureAnywhere antivirus from your device:
- The built-in uninstaller of the program doesn’t work properly.
- Some other process is stopping the Antivirus from being uninstalled properly.
- The file needed to complete the uninstallation process of the Webroot Antivirus could not Run.
- Some error is creating obstacle in uninstalling the software.
How to Uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus?
Finally, let’s begin our discussion over the uninstallation process of Webroot software. There are multiple ways to do so that we have mentioned in this section:
Note: You can be deleted from your system remotely as well using the Webroot Management Console.
Uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus remotely through the Webroot Management console with the use of the Webroot Management console, you can uninstall the software effortlessly. This method works for both Mac & Windows devices.
- First of all, log in to the Webroot Management Console.
- Now, click on Entities, and a new page will appear on your screen.
- Check the Sites & Group box, and expand the Site.
- Thereafter hit the Group that has your device.
- Now, look at the boxes of the device from where you want to delete the agent.
- Here use the drop-down option to select Uninstall Agent.
- On the next page, hit on the Uninstall Agent.
- Now you will receive a success message immediately on your screen.
- After uninstalling Agent Command, delete the WRData and WRCore directories that are present in your ProgramData.
- To do so, follow the given instruction:
- Open the Run box and enter %PROGRAMDATA%.
- Now, check the WRData & WRCore folder, and if you find them, hit the delete button.
Uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere in windows10
If you want to uninstall Webroot from your Pc, then you can do so with the help of the Programs & Features option, which is provided below:
- In the beginning, open the Programs and Features option by entering appwiz.cpl in the search line.
- Now search for Webroot SecureAnywhere and hit the Uninstall button.
- Acknowledge if any message appears on your screen.
- Moving ahead, delete the WRData and WRCore directories present in the Program Data.
- Start the process by typing %PROGRAMDATA% in the Run box.
- Next, delete the WRData and WRCore folders.
- At last, restart your system to finalize the process.
Apart from this, you can also follow the given steps:
- Enter “appwiz.cpl” in the search box, and hit the appwiz.cpl option.
- Choose the Webroot SecureAnywhere tab, and hit the Uninstall option.
- Now, hit Yes.
- A new box will appear on your screen asking if you are sure that you want to uninstall the Antivirus; hit yes again.
- Now enter the Captcha present on your screen, and hit the Continue button.
Note: If you want some improvement in the Webroot antivirus, enter the reason you are uninstalling it in the Additional comment box.
- Now go to the uninstall page, and hit the refresh tab.
Here Webroot is deleted from your Windows 10 device.
Uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere on MAC
To delete the Webroot Antivirus from your Mac device, there are two ways; you can select any of them according to your needs.
Uninstall Webroot via Uninstall link
- Firstly, Launch the Webroot SecureAnywhere in your system.
- Now, look at the top of the screen, and hit on Webroot SecureAnywhere.
- After that, tap on the About SecureAnywhere followed by clicking on the Uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere option.
- A new box will appear on the screen asking if you are sure that you want to uninstall the software; hit yes.
- Now if you can see a Webroot icon on the desktop, drag it to the recycle bin, and remove it completely.
- End the process by rebooting your system.
Uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere using the Recycle Bin
This is Another way you can follow to uninstall the Webroot from your Apple device.
- Force Quit the Webroot SecureAnywhere App.
- Next, launch the Application Folder.
- Here, you have to drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere to the Recycle bin.
- Now enter local account information to move ahead in the process.
- Now hit ok, and if you can see a Webroot icon drag it to the recycle bin.
- Restart your Apple device, and your system is ready to use now.
Wrapping it Up!
Here, we are concluding our blog and hope that you have acquired ample information about the Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus uninstallation process. In case you need any further help email us your Query or dial our Toll-Free Number to get in touch with an Antivirus Professional.