Just like users have hassles at the time of login to their email account, similarly, Skype users also go through this. Whenever a user tries to log in to their Skype account, some or other issues appear. Where some of the users wait for a while thinking it as a server issue but some don’t. If you are not patient enough to wait then you can try to fix the glitch at your end. But it is initially advised to contact the executives available at Skype customer service number.
There can be countless reasons behind the Skype login problem. So it is suggested that you must identify them and then perform the troubleshooting in the right direction with adequate steps. It could be your operating system or the application itself that might be causing snags. You can try the given measures to fix the problems.
Fixture steps for Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Right click on the Skype icon present in the System tray and then choose to quit the application
- Click start and type run, in the command, enter control folders and then click ok
- Select the view tab and make sure that the relevant entry is enabled and showing the hidden folders is also allowed
- Go to start, type run and press enter. Enter a command to locate the shared.xml file and delete it
- Reboot your device and re-launch the Skype. The shared.xml file will be recreated automatically.
Also Read: Skype Call Problems
Fixture steps for Mac OS X:
- By following the same steps, quit Skype application
- Go to the folder > library > application support and select Skype
- Delete the file shared.xml and restart the Skype once.
If these are done properly then you will not face the login problem anymore. But the next time you login into your account make sure you are entering the right credentials and then internet connection is working fine. For better information related to login, you can directly reach out to Skype phone number where the trained technicians will provide you with the most suitable solution according to the device you are using and then issue.