Skype is called the new generation telephone which is mobile and can be used on any device. People can make and receive voice as well as video calls via Skype without any charge. Not only people use Skype for calling purposes but it is very famous for file sharing too. In this post you will get to know about fixing Skype call fails and dropping connection with Apple devices. As nothing can be more disappointing when you find yourself unable to use the calling feature on this program. You can contact Skype support for the detailed resolution or can try the given troubleshooting tips.
Reasons behind the Skype call fails on Apple devices –
- If you are making the call, check the Skype credit within the app itself
- Also look if the subscription plan is working and needs to be renewed
- Check that the number you are dialing is correct and also select the country from the menu.
- Try to dial any other number and see if you are able to make a call or not
Fixture 1: Update Skype app on iPhone/iPad or Mac
Go to the App store on your Apple device and search for Skype in the bar located at the top. If there is an update that needs to be done then you will see update written instead of install. Click on it to do the needful. When you will update it then there will be no hassles later.
Other fixes –
- Ensure there is proper internet connection before making a call
- If using Skype on iPhone to make a call, try using it on Mac
- Temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus installed on your devices
Update the device drivers if nothing works
This guide was perfect for those who have troubles with calling option. In such cases, the above-given troubleshooting options work best but they don’t, then without wasting further time, users are suggested to contact Skype customer care which can be reached round the clock. You can discuss with the experts about the problem and get it resolved immediately.