TurboTax is a fantastic taxation software that gives millions of taxpayers a helping hand whenever they want to file state or federal taxes. This TurboTax software is designed in a way that it can automatically calculate your tax based on the information given by you. If you are using TurboTax software, then you have complete control over your data, and it can be used and transferred as per your requirement. This blog post will give you an outline of what you need to do while transferring TurboTax data from one computer to another. You can reach out to trained experts by calling the TurboTax helpline number to know more about the features of this software and how you can secure your account.
TurboTax phone number: 1-844-200-0060
Steps to Install TurboTax on New Device
When you are transferring your TurboTax data from one computer to another, you have first to make sure that the TurboTax software is appropriately installed on your new computer where you wish to transfer the data. You can use these instructions given below for installing TurboTax on your new computer:
- You need to end all the running applications and programs on your system. TurboTax recommends disabling your antivirus as well as firewall software so that it will not interfere with the installation.
- There are two ways of installing TurboTax in your system, and they are by using a CD or by directly downloading the set-up file from the official TurboTax website. If you have the TurboTax CD, then you have to insert it into the optical drive and run the set-up file. In the case of direct downloading of a set-up file from the website, you have to run the set-up file as admin, and then you have to agree with the license agreement.
Steps to Transfer TurboTax Data from One Computer to Another
If you have installed TurboTax on your new computer, then it is not necessary that you have to start from scratch as you can pick from where you left off on your previous system. Once TurboTax is installed on your second device, then you can follow the instructions that are given in this blog to transfer your tax returns files from one computer to another.
- You have to log in to TurboTax software on your old computer and then open the file menu
- Now select the ‘Save As’ option and browse the location where you want to save the file
- Enter the name of the backup file and then press ‘Save’.
- By using the CD or a pen drive, you can transfer the file to the new computer
- Now you have to log in to your TurboTax account on your new computer and open the tax file to continue from where you left off.
You must be aware of the fact that while transferring TurboTax data from one computer to another, you should never use email for transferring it as then there is the risk of losing your data. If you see any data loss, then you should contact TurboTax customer service to consult with a certified expert who can assist you in resolving the issue.