Safari is a graphical browser developed for all Apple users. It stores your website login details, and in the future, they enter them for you automatically. But you can’t view these saved passwords using Safari, as the browser doesn’t give permission for this. If you want to view the password, then you have to use Apple’s Keychain Access application.
However, if you have Windows, then it is recommended to use a third-party application to review the password, as Apple doesn’t give you permission to recover passwords on Windows. Sometimes a user wants to reset the password due to privacy and security but doesn’t know the exact process. That’s why we are here to help you with the step-by-step guide to Safari Password Reset on your Mac device.
Want to learn about the safari password reset process quickly? Call us our tollfree number and get in touch with professional experts who can assist you and guide you with the easiest method.
How to Safari Password Reset on Mac?
To reset or update the existing safari password, you have to follow the given steps:
- Go to the Dock and click on the Safari option.
- Now, navigate to the settings by selecting “Safari” from the menu bar.
- After that, click on the Preferences option from the drop-down menu.
- A new setting page will appear on your screen; there, you have to select the Password option.
- Now to access the already stored data, you have to provide your Mac’s user password.
- Next, you can see a list of website passwords saved on your Safari. You choose the website and hit on the “Details” option to modify the login credentials for the individual website.
- Thereafter, edit the username or password according to your requirement.
- Now, select Done to save the credentials.
Here you are done with the safari password reset process.
How to Recover Safari Passwords on a Window-Based Pc?
If you want to reset your Safari Password being a Windows user, follow the given process, step by step as mentioned below:
- To initiate the process, go to Nirsoft, and from there, you have to download WebBrowserPassView. Once the download process is complete, double-click on the downloaded EXE file to launch it.
Note: WebBrowserPassView shows all the passwords saved on your Safari Browser. You can read those passwords on your Windows or save those passwords in your system if needed.
- Apart from that, you can also use SafariPasswordDecryptor, which is present in SecurityXploded. Download it and install it properly, and after that, open it and hit on the “Show Password” option to see your saved passwords. Now hit on the “Export to HTML” option in case you want to transfer the passwords to an HTML file.
- Moreover, you can use XaviWare Software as well to recover your safari password. After installation, open Safari Password Recovery.
Note: You can only view two characters of each password in the free version. So, to view the whole password, you have to buy the paid version.
Steps to Delete the Saved Password on the Safari App
Go through the below-mentioned steps to delete the saved password on your Safari Browser.
- Begin the process by Viewing your Password.
- After that, click on the would like to delete option and select the Remove tab.
Note: If you want to delete multiple passwords, then press the command key and hold it, then click on the passwords you want to delete, and at last, hit on the Remove button.
Steps to Follow to Protect your Account and Password
If you are someone who is concerned about cybersecurity, then you must not save your password on a web browser. It is because if someone breaches your device, they can have all your account access and data. This can be used to steal your identity.
Follow the given steps to take care of your cybersecurity:
- Disable the Safari AutoFill features. To do so, open your Safari browser and go to the Safari preferences; from there you have to go to the Password option, then Unmark the Autofill Username and Passwords option.
- In addition to that, never save your password on any browser. It might seem inconvenient, but it can help you in saving the data breach.
- Moreover, use a Password manager like NordPass that will help you in saving all your passwords in one place and protect them with AES-256 encryption.
- At last, Remove your Password after getting it from the Safari browser. Delete that password so that no one can find the access.
With this, we hope that you have learned the way to Reset your Safari Password. However, if you need any further professional guidance, you can consult our experts. Email us your Queries at email@example.com, or if you want a quick solution, then you can also use a live chat option with Apple Safari anytime.