TurboTax is one of the best tax filing software, which is popular among its users because of the great features it provides. The software provides different versions, including Basic, Home, Business, Premiere, Deluxe, and various others, but sometimes TurboTax comes up with some major technical errors like TurboTax Error 190. However, it is not a permanent error, and users can easily resolve it by following the instructions given in this blog.
Further, if you need any kind of technical assistance, you can even contact us by ringing us or via mail anytime.
Now let’s start to discuss and understand the details of TurboTax error 190.
A Brief Information about TurboTax Error 109
If your system is showing TurboTax error 190, that simply means your Tax returned file is damaged. The major reason behind this damage is the file being corrupted at the time of Download, or maybe you have downloaded an incorrect file.
The error message displayed on your screen will be:
“The Tax return you are attempting to load contains one or more tax forms that are not installed on this machine. Please install state(s): to continue.”
When a person uses TurboTax for a long time, they face troubles like this because of viruses or malware threats on their device. Thus, one needs to resolve this error as soon as possible. But before going for troubleshooting, you must know the reason behind the error you are trying to resolve and its symptoms as well.
Possible Reasons Behind TurboTax Error 190?
If you are finding the TurboTax error 190 in your system, then there can be various possibilities because of why it is happening; a few of them are:
- Incompatibility with the System.
- Inappropriate Graphic drives.
- Error in the TurboTax program itself.
- The presence of antivirus software.
- Or you are using an outdated version of TurboTax Software.
Symptoms of Error 190 TurboTax?
When error 190 occurs in your TurbTax software, you can identify it with the symptoms that are mentioned below:
- The TurboTax error code 109 message will show on your screen.
- If any TurboTax window is active, then it will crash abruptly.
- Your system freezes at times.
- The Windows stops responding to any of the inputs you provided.
- Or if you are not able to launch the product on the framework.
If you see any of these symptoms on your screen, it means that now you need to implement the troubleshoots to resolve the TurboTax error 190.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Fixing TurboTax Error 190?
There are a few things one must take care of before going further with Troubleshooting TurboTax Error 190; those are mentioned below.
- Update TurboTax to the latest release
You must update TurboTax software to the latest version to enjoy trouble-free access.
Note: Check the official website of TurboTax to learn about all the latest updates and new features.
- Check your Internet connection
If you are using TurboTax software, then your Internet connection should be great, else a Poor internet speed can invoke TurboTax error 190. If the speed is not as per mark, then it is advised to reboot your router.
Note: If your network problem is persistent even after restarting your router, then contact your Internet Service provider.
- Also, to run TurboTax on your System, you must meet the minimum requirements of the TurboTax software.
What are the Minimum Requirements of the TurboTax?
To run your TurboTax software smoothly, your device must have
- Windows 7 or Mac operating system.
- A minimum of 2 GB RAM or 4 GB RAM.
- And free hard disk space for 20 GB (for 64-bit) and 40 GB (for 64-bit).
How to Fix TurboTax Error 190?
After knowing the reasons behind the Error 190, let’s understand how we can eliminate this error. Below we have listed a number of methods to fix the TurboTax error 190 effortlessly.
Method 1: Relaunch your TurboTax Software.
As we mentioned, at times, you might face issues because of the TurboTax software itself. In situations like this, you can relaunch your software.
Note: Before going for the relaunch of your TurboTax software, it is always recommended to prepare a backup of all your important files.
To start the relaunch:
- Hit on the highlighted “Start a New Return” option.
- Then, you have to choose the “Taxes” tab of the reports.
- After that, save that report by downloading it, followed by shutting down your TurboTax software.
- Now you have to Relaunch the TurboTax software again.
- At last, open the file that was responsible for the error you were facing.
Now you have to verify if the TurboTax error 190 is resolved or not.
Method 2: Use Disk Cleanup.
If you are facing issues with your TurboTax software, it is always advised to check how much disk space your System is occupying. So, to remove all the unwanted files to run your software in an error-free way, follow these steps:
- Initially, you have to make a backup of all the important files and create some space on the hard drive.
- Then, Clear the available Cache, and restart your System.
- Once you are done with the restart of your System, run a disk clean-up and clear all the space, and to do so, follow the given process:
- Right-click on the local disk of your System.
- Now, move your cursor down, and hit the “Properties” option. A Separate and new window will open on your System.
- After that, to end the process, you have to choose the “Disk CleanUp” option and wait for the successful completion of the process.
If, after following all these, you are still facing the TurboTax Error 190, then you can contact the TurboTax Experts and ask them your Query at our tollfree number, these experts are available for you 24*7.