Quicken is one of the most significant financial management applications that is used for a host of reasons. The financial purposes for which it is used include things such as tracking your transactions, account balances, taking care of personal budgeting, loans as well as other personal finances. It can be easily accessed through a mobile phone device like android or iPhone and also through the use of a computer. Also, it is able to successfully sync all your data with the mobile devices which gives easy access anytime or anywhere. While making use of these services, it also has a beneficial feature that notifies you to help monitor your fees, balances and sending. However, like any other piece of software, sometimes, it is also prone to technical glitches. It is only due to glitches like these that the “Quicken will not start after update” error occurs.
What Happens When “Quicken Will Not Start After Update” Error Occurs?
When this error occurs, it stops all the tracking and fluctuates all your financial transactions, which has the potential to threaten the security of your personal financial data. This happens because of the various reasons responsible for it. In this blog, we are going to help you understand all about the Quicken not opening after update error. We are also going to provide you a decent explanation of the same. Apart from that, we are also going to suggest various troubleshooting solutions that can help resolve quicken update problem.
What are the Reasons Responsible for Quicken won’t Open After Update Error?
In this section, we are going to discuss the various reasons that are responsible for “my Quicken won’t update” issue. The various reasons are as follows;
- Wrongful or improper installation of the Quicken software.
- The missing installation files of Quicken are responsible factors.
- Wrong or incorrect login credentials is also another reason responsible for the quicken not opening issue.
- Incorrect shutdown of the Quicken program.
- Sometimes, the system antivirus is responsible for the Quicken not opening after the update.
Now that we have known the reasons for this particular problem, let us discuss the troubleshooting methods that can help resolve this issue.
How Can You Resolve the Quicken Won’t Open After Update Error?
Sometimes, it so happens that the Quicken update issues occur because of providing incorrect login credentials. After the update, you need to log into Quicken. In case you have failed to log into the Quicken, it would mean that you have entered the wrong password. If you have forgotten the password and want to retrieve it, then you need to follow the below-given steps;
- Firstly, you need to visit the login page of the Quicken.
- Secondly, you would need to click on the “Forgot Password” option.
- Thereafter, provide the email Id on Quicken and then you need to click on the Submit option.
- Subsequently, you should receive the email on the given mail containing the 6-digit code.
- Furthermore, you need to enter the code and then create a new password for Quicken.
- Consequently, after you have created the new password, try logging into Quicken.
If, even after updating the password, the quicken update problem remains, then you must follow the given methods.
Solution 1: Restart your computer
The first and the foremost step is restarting your computer after updating quicken software. It is a recommended step as the software after the update needs to be rebooted along with the system. The restarting of the computer refreshes the Quicken update and makes it run smoothly.
Solution 2: Reinstalling the Update Patch
Sometimes, it happens that the update is not properly installed, due to which, the Quicken does not open properly after the update. In order to open the Quicken, you need to reinstall the Quicken update with the following steps;
- Firstly, in order to open the Quicken account, you would need to select the version year of your Quicken software.
- Thereafter, first download and then install the update patch.
- As soon as the update is complete, you need to restart your computer.
- After the restart process, you should try opening the Quicken software.
- In case, the error persists and the Quicken still does not open after reinstalling the update, then you need to move to the next troubleshooting method.
Solution 3: Try opening Quicken without the data file
A lot of the times, the data file is responsible for preventing Quicken after the update. So, the remedial step for this is trying to access the software without any data file. To open the Quicken without the data file, you need to perform the following steps;
- Firstly, hold the Ctrl and Shift keys and then double-click on the Quicken icon. Do not release the keys until the said software gives you a blank screen.
- Secondly, as soon as the blank screen appears, it would mean that there is an issue with your data file that stops the Quicken opening.
- Thereafter, to restore the backup file, try following the next steps.
- Furthermore, go to the File option.
- Subsequently, you need to click on the File Operations.
- After that, click on the option that says Validate and Repair.
- Furthermore, examine the validate file.
- Lastly, click on the OK option.
Solution 4: Temporarily disable the antivirus
The antivirus in the system can prevent the Quicken software from opening. This is the reason sometimes that you get this particular error. Thus, you need to disable the system antivirus for some time. You can disable the same by following these certain simple steps;
- Firstly, access the Windows Start button.
- Thereafter, open up the Windows Search and there open the Windows Security. This will open when you search for the same.
- After Windows Security, you need to go to Virus and Threat protection option.
- From there, you need to move on to the Manage Settings option.
- Lastly, turn-off the Switch real-time protection.
Solution 5: Uninstall and then reinstall Quicken
In order to uninstall and then reinstall the Quicken, you need to follow the below-given steps;
For installing Quicken, you need to perform the following steps;
- Firstly, access the Windows Start button.
- Thereafter, open up the control panel.
- Furthermore, click on the Programs option and then uninstall a program.
- Subsequently, select the Quicken program from the list and then click on it.
- Lastly, select the Uninstall option to uninstall the program.
After you have uninstalled it, you would need to reinstall the Quicken program from the Quicken official website.
Performing the above-mentioned steps, you would be easily available to resolve the Quicken not opening issue. You can easily manage your finances by opening your Quicken program with the help of above-mentioned solutions. One recommends to install the updates by temporarily disabling the system antivirus. As soon as the update completes, you need to enable the system antivirus. In case, the Quicken does not respond, you can contact with our team which will help you resolve your issue in minutes. Our team of experts is available 24/7 for giving the solutions. There are three ways you can contact with us; either through chat or call or by email. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions: (FAQ’s)
Ans. In order to repair Quicken, you need to validate and repair the Quicken data file. To do this, just follow the below-mentioned steps;
- Firstly, access the File option and then go to File Operations.
- Thereafter, select the Validate and Repair option.
- Furthermore, click on the Validate File and then OK.
- The validation of the Quicken data file takes some time. The time taken depends on the file size.
Ans. Firstly, just click on the Save Copy option. As the copy is complete, you need to select to open New Copy. In the new copy, you just need to go to File and then validate and repair the file by selecting the Validate file option. This is just to ensure that there are no outstanding issues with the data in this file.
Ans. The process to roll back a Quicken update is pretty simple. You just need to uninstall Quicken first and then install Quicken while being disconnected from the internet and updating Quicken to a specific release patch. Quicken would ask you to save a backup before the update. It does so to ensure that nothing goes wrong.
Ans. To reset Quicken, you need to reset cloud data. Perform the following steps to do the same;
- Firstly, go to the Edit option and then to Preferences.
- Thereafter, choose Mobile and Web option in the left pane.
- Similarly, in the right pane, under the Mobile and Web option, click on Reset your cloud data.
- Thereafter, click Yes in the Reset your Cloud Data, and then click on the Reset option to confirm the reset part.
Ans. Deleting a file permanently removes it from the system. After you do this, you are not able to undo the operation. In future, if you change your mind and are unable to retrieve your data files, then you will have to re-enter the data. Thus, it is a favorable practice to keep the data backup files rather than removing them permanently.