Acer Laptops have encountered multiple issues after updating to Windows 10. A few problems after upgrading Acer laptops to Windows 10 and solutions to rectify these issues. If you can fix them, call Acer laptop customer care for appropriate suggestions instantly.
ELAN Touchpad is not operating after updating to Windows 10
To rectify this issue, you have to uninstall or reinstall the touchpad drivers by going through the methods given below.
- Tap Windows key + X
- Choose device manager from the list
- Observe touchpad drivers given in the devices list
- Do a right-click on the touchpad device and choose to uninstall option
- Choose the option to remove the driver package from the system in the uninstall dialogue. This cause it to remove the old driver package which was installed
- Move to the Action Menu given in the Device Manager, choose the Scan for hardware changes option. It will cause the operating system to re-establish the touchpad drivers
- Once the drivers are established, shut down all windows and resume your laptop.
If the above-listed troubleshooting step doesn’t resolve the error, observe the recent touchpad drivers on the Acer website. If no touchpad drivers are given for Windows 10, download Windows 8 touchpad drivers and establish them in compatibility mode. A few steps are given below to go through these troubleshooting methods.
- Download Windows 8 touchpad drivers from the Acer website
- Do a right-click on the driver setup file and tap on the properties option
- Press on the Compatibility tab
- Examine the box Run this program in compatibility mode for and choose Windows 8 from the drop-down menu and move ahead with the establishment
- When the drivers are established, resume your laptop.
HDMI Port Not Operating After Updating to Windows 10
One of the factors for this HDMI error is compatibility errors with Graphic Card Drivers. Establishing Graphics Card Drivers in compatibility mode is a preferred solution for this error. Follow the troubleshooting methods which are given below.
- Move to Desktop and enter Run programs in the search box
- Choose Run programs made for previous versions of Windows
- Tap Next
- Choose the program you wish to establish in compatibility mode
- If you don’t get the program on the list, choose not listed option
- Choose next and go through on-screen instructions.
If you are encountering problems while operating the methods given above, you have the option of modifying compatibility settings manually by going through the steps mentioned below.
- Move to Desktop and enter the name of the program
- Choose the program from the list of results and tap on the open file location
- Do a right-click on the program icon and choose properties, then the compatibility tab
- Choose change settings for all users in the next screen
- Mention Admin name and password when recommended
- Choose Ok.
Once you follow the above steps, you can easily resolve Windows 10 issues in Acer laptops. If you fail to resolve them, call the Acer laptop helpline number to get some appropriate tips quickly. Acer experts are fully-trained, experienced and professional to handle every issue in Acer laptops. Acer laptop customer centre is available round the clock to assist you.