Are you also troubled with the login process of your Hotmail email account? Then this blog is going to be very important for you. As in this blog, we are going to give you all the information regarding the Hotmail email account and how to login into your account. So, if you also want to sign in Hotmail account, then stay tuned and read this blog till the last word.
Hotmail Email Account
Hotmail email services were launched on 4th July 1996 and on 31st July 2012 it was purchased by Microsoft and with that effect, its name changed to Outlook. After that, Microsoft migrated the Hotmail email accounts to Outlook.com which allows the old users of the Hotmail email account to still access their email account through the Outlook Application.
Hotmail Login in Windows
The procedure that you can follow to log in to your Hotmail email account is as follows.
- First of all, to do hot mail login, type hotmail.com in the search box and then press the enter button.
- It will further redirect you to a new page of Microsoft outlook.
- There click on the “Sign In” option available at the top right side of the screen.
- Now, it will ask you to provide your email id, phone number, or skype in the insert box. We recommend you enter your Hotmail email ID in the box.
- After that, enter your Hotmail email account login password.
- Click on the “Sign In” option. You can also click on the “Keep Me Signed In” option to avoid re-entering the login details the next time.
- At the time of entering the password, make sure to check it twice and confirm that you have properly used the Caps lock and Num key.
Hotmail Login in Mobile Device
Hotmail account sign-in can also be easily accessed from Android and iPhone devices as well. So, to access the Hotmail email login, here are the steps that you can follow.
- First of all, Install the “Outlook” application on your mobile through the Google Play Store or App store.
- Now, open the application.
- Now, it will ask you to type your unique email address in the insert box.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- After that, it will ask you to enter the login password for Hotmail Sign in.
- Then click on the “Sign In” option.
- Then you will get a notification showing that your email has been added to your Hotmail mobile app. If you wanted to add more accounts to your application, then click on the “Continue” option, otherwise, click on the “Skip” to check your mail inbox.
Now, you have successfully signed in to your Hotmail account through the mobile device.
Hotmail Sign in Through Windows App
Hotmail (Outlook) also enables its users for Hotmail email sign-in through the windows mail application which helps users to access their mail inbox without opening the web browser. So, here are the steps that you can follow to do Hotmail Sign in through the Windows Application.
- First of all, go to the Search box from the taskbar and then search there for the Mail App.
- After that, click on the menu of the “Mail” app and go to the Accounts > Add Account.
- You can also perform this step by going to the settings > Manage Accounts > Add account.
- Now, choose the type of your email account and then select Outlook.com.
- At last, enter your account and password details and then click on the sign in.
Two Step Verification for www.hotmail.com Sign In
The two-step authentication verification step helps the users to use their Hotmail email account safely and securely. This feature helps the users to protect their data against fraudsters. When two-step verification is enabled, then the users have to enter an additional security code apart from the email account login password.
So, to turn on and off the two-step verification for the Hotmail login is as follows.
- To turn on the two-step verification, go to the Microsoft Account Settings > Security & Privacy > More Security Settings > Two-Step Verification > Turn on two-step verification.
- To disable the two-step verification, go to the Microsoft Account Settings > Security & Privacy > More Security Settings > Two-Step Verification > Turn off the two-step verification.
Hotmail Sign in Mac
If you are a Mac user, then you might be thinking about how to add a Hotmail account to your Laptop. So, here are the methods that you can follow to add the Hotmail account to your Mac mail.
Method 1: Transfer Hotmail Emails to Mac Mail Account
To migrate the Hotmail account through a third-party tool, here are the steps that you can follow to do so.
- First of all, go to the official website of Hotmail to Mac Mail tool on your Mac OS.
- Now, enter your login credentials and then click on the login button.
- After that, the tool will load all the folders of the email on the software panel. Make sure to select Choose the MBOX format from the Select Saving Option.
- Thereafter, select the PC’s location where you want to save that file. Then press the Start Backup option and then the process will be started.
Now, you can import these mails to your Mac mail app and can start using the Hotmail services. You can easily import the EML and EMLX files quickly by dragging and dropping the mails from your Mac desktop to the Mac Mail.
Method 2: Using Apple Mail application to Access Hotmail Account
So, here are the steps that you can follow to set up the Hotmail in Apple mail application.
- First, open the Mac Mail.
- Now, from the menu option, click on the “Add Account” option.
- After that, from the Mail Account Selection screen, choose the other mail account and click on the “Continue” option.
- Then enter your name, Hotmail email id, and login password and then click on the “Sign In” option.
- Now, check all the items that you want to access in your Mac Mail, and then click on the “Done” option.
- You have now successfully done the Hotmail outlook login in your Mac mail. Also note that, by following this method, you will not be able to move the contacts and calendar to your Hotmail account.
Solutions for Hotmail Login of Issues
If you are not able to log in to your Hotmail account, then there can be some chances that your system will be lagging in the basic issues. So, here are some of the common remedies that you can follow to solve the Hotmail sign up login issue.
- Check the online status of the email server: If the email server is down from the backend, then you don’t have any option to do. You have to wait till the server is down. Although you can also check the Hotmail server status from various online site detector websites. If there is no error related to the Hotmail account, jump on to the next remedy.
- Disable Antivirus Software Settings: If you have installed an antivirus software program on your PC, then there will be some chances that the software is disabling the browser to load the email properly. You must make sure that the antivirus software that you have installed on your PC is currently disabled.
- Update your web browser: Sometimes, you can fail to log in to Hotmail as you will be using the outdated version of the web browser which will not be compatible to meet the minimum requirements of using the mail services. In that case, you first try to update the web browser to the latest available version.
Hotmail Login: Forget Password?
In case, if you have forgotten your login password for the Hotmail Login account, then the only available option is to reset the login password. So, here are the steps that you can follow to reset hotmail.com sign in password on your PC.
- First of all, copy and paste the https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx in your web browser and press the enter button. Through this website, you can reset the login password of Hotmail.login. This website will help you to reset your password for an account provided you still have access to the backup you used to set up the Hotmail or Outlook account.
- Now, enter your email address in the insert box and click on the blue button that says Next.
- After that, click on the “Radio” option and select the preferred recovery method i.e. registered email address or mobile number.
- Now, enter your email address or phone number and click on the “Get Code” option.
- After you click on that option, then a confirmation email or text message with a verification code will be sent to you at the registered mobile number or email ID.
- Now enter the recovery code in the insert box and click on the “Next” option.
- After the recovery code will be matched, it will be taken you to the password reset page.
- Now, change your password, by entering the new password twice in the “New password” and “Reenter password” fields.
- At this stage, make sure that you typed both the passwords exactly the same.
- Then click on the “Next” option. After that, it will take out back to the sign-in page and use your new password to sign in to your Hotmail email account.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- Can I still access my Hotmail account?
A: In case, if you have not accessed your Hotmail email account for more than one year, then you will not be able to access that email account as Microsoft automatically deletes those email accounts which are inactive for more than a year.
- How can I log in to my Hotmail account without verification?
A: In case, if you want to log in to your Hotmail account from other devices such as a Computer or Mobile Phone, then it’s mandatory to verify the account first, without that, you will not be able to log in to your Hotmail account without that.
- Does the Hotmail Email account still exists in 2022?
A: Yes, although it has been combined under the roof of the Hotmail account, but the old users still access their Hotmail account through the official website of Outlook.com.
- How can I get my old Hotmail email back to the mailbox?
A: First of all, open the mailbox and go to “File” > “Import Mailboxes” and click on the “Files in Mbox Format”. Then choose the file from your desktop where you have saved it and click on the OK. Now, you will see all your previous emails on that account. You can save all the emails by clicking on the Import > Mbox.
- How to do msn Hotmail sign in?
A: MSN and Hotmail are both the online email service provider from Microsoft. Users of both the email accounts can access their mailbox through the official website of Outlook.com.
- Does Live com email still exists?
A: Live.com emails has been discontinued by Microsoft. Now, the users cannot access their mail account. The live emails has been replaced by the Hotmail and Outlook emails.