CenturyLink has been in the picture for quite some time and is a top-level communication provider. Its email services are considered the finest. But, like other email services, CenturyLink email Troubleshooting not working issue is one of the most common issues.
CenturyLink email errors can also be annoying when you desperately need to share or receive information, media, or documents. The CenturyLink email is not working is a collective term that depicts a wide line of the errors such as account freezing, & login errors, configuration errors, receiving or sending issues, and so much more.
Factors Responsible For CenturyLink Email Not Working
Multiple causes can induce glitches with your CenturyLink email account. If your CenturyLink email is not working in its usual manner, then make sure to check out the below-listed reasons:
- Check to see if you have exhausted the storage limit of 15 GB, and the email size of 20 MB can create issues with the CenturyLink email account.
- Suppose you are no longer receiving emails on your email account. In that case, you might have assigned some inappropriate email filters directing your emails to designated folders & subfolders. Thus, incoming emails need to be saved in the inbox.
- CenturyLink email can be used on different platforms such as Outlook, Gmail, iPhone, Android, and many more. But, when the CenturyLink email server settings are not properly configured, users will likely face different email account issues.
- Forgetting email passwords or entering incorrect login information can induce CenturyLink login issues.
- Also, if the CenturyLink email account server is down or crashed, you will most likely face certain issues with your email account.
- The slow speed of the internet can create some issues while using a CenturyLink email account.
- Moreover, if users are using an Outdated email application can also be the reason why you are facing CenturyLink email issues.
- An Outdated browser or browser filled with cache and, cookies & history can create issues with accessing your CenturyLink email account.
Methods to Resolve CenturyLink Email Problems
CenturyLink email issues can be distinguished into several categories depending on their causes and associated solutions. We will cover the different methods to resolve CenturyLink’s email not working Issue.
Method 1. Ensure That You Have an Internet Connection
Before proceeding with the error, check if your device is connected to the internet. If not, then users can troubleshoot this issue in different ways.
- Firstly, you need to check your router.
- Then, take a look at your availability & usage.
- Next, optimise your Wi-Fi setup to fix CenturyLink email not working.
- You can now configure your device settings.
- Lastly, check your wiring.
Method 2. Configure CenturyLink Email Settings
If you use CenturyLink email with other email services or third-party clients, you need to make sure that the incoming & outgoing mail server settings are configured properly. If it needs to be configured properly, you will get an error while using the CenturyLink email account. To rectify these settings:
For Incoming Mail Server:
- You can enter your complete username along with the correct domain.
- Enter the correct Password linked to your CenturyLink email account.
- Besides that, security must be SSL/TLS, and the server should be pop.CenturyLink.net.
- As for the Port – 993.
For Outgoing Mail Server:
- You can enter your complete user ID along with the correct domain.
- Now, you can type in your CenturyLink Password with the utmost care.
- Server – smtp.CenturyLink.net.
- Port – 587 or 465, according to their availability.
- At last, Security – SSL/TLS
Once the incoming & outgoing server settings are configured properly, you can check to see if the CenturyLink email not working Issue is fixed or not. You can move forward with the next solution if the problem persists.
Method 3. Clean Spam & Junk From Your Account
- Sometimes your email account gets piled up with junk & spam emails which can evoke CenturyLink email login issues. In this case, you must clean out the junk & spam regularly. Also, it helps users keep the virus they contain at bay and stops the exhaustion of the maximum storage limit of the inbox.
- CenturyLink Webmail offers 15 GB of data storage space to its users. When the limit is crossed, you may be unable to use your account smoothly for sending & receiving emails. Removing your Junk & Spam emails regularly can fix this issue once and for all.
Method 4. Incorrect Login Details
To access your CenturyLink account, users must correctly enter their User ID & Password. Without doing this, you may not be able to access this account, and it can lock you out of your account. If you have lost your Password, you can reset it to gain access back to your account.
Once you have reset your Password, you must enter the changed Password on all the devices you use to access your mail application & account. While resetting your Password, you need to keep a few essential points in your points in your mind, as stated in the given list:
- You can keep your Password in a safe place to access it when lost or forgotten.
- Users can also save it to a reliable password manager tool.
- Keep a password that you can remember easily but is hard to crack for anybody else.
- Be aware while entering your passwords, and ensure you leave no traces for others to make an undesired intrusion into your account.
- Users need to avoid logging into their accounts on a public device.
- If you are experiencing unusual activities in your CenturyLink email account, you can change your Password without wasting time.
These points are handy and can help when you need help logging into your CenturyLink email account.
Method 5. Update the CenturyLink Application
CenturyLink email has some excellent features for its users. But it can start coming up with more errors, such as the CenturyLink email not working, if it still needs to be updated to its latest version. It is important to update the CenturyLink application from time to time and to do so, and you can visit the official website of CenturyLink. You can download updates one by one, and once it is updated, you can see if the Issue has been resolved.
There can be further updates available for different devices, and if you are facing CenturyLink email not working issues, then you can install the updates for your android devices. Once you have installed the updates, you can reboot your device and try to access your CenturyLink email account.
Method 6. Antivirus Software or Firewall
Internet security applications such as Firewalls or Antivirus software can hinder your access to your mail. They may perceive your webmail as a threat to security and, therefore, blocks their access.
In such cases, users need to configure them so that they favour access to your CenturyLink webmail account. Hence, you can disable your antivirus application temporarily to access your account. And once your required task is complete, you can enable it back for your internet security.
Method 7. Clear Your Email Box
In this scenario, users must delete their emails to create spaces and then try sending or receiving the email to their accounts. This technique will help you in solving this error in a hassle-free manner.
Method 8. Contact CenturyLink Email Helpline
Even after trying the above-mentioned methods, you can contact the CenturyLink email support team if you still face the Issue. The support team is available 24*7 to assist users with their queries, and you can also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have followed the methods above, you can re-launch the CenturyLink email service application and log in to your email account, and your Issue will be fixed.
Issues While Opening Attachments on CenturyLink Email
If the user is experiencing problems with opening or viewing an attachment, check if you have the right software to read the file extension and open your attachment. Therefore, when you access the attachments, you can use caution as they may have damaged your computer. But before opening any attachments, make sure to conduct a virus check.
The blog ends here now. We hope that you found this article helpful and the points mentioned above will help you figure out the issues with CenturyLink email and resolve them easily. You can contact CenturyLink customer service for instant assistance if you still face the same Issue.